Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Shuffle

Last weekend I put my iPod on shuffle while on the train to visit a friend. Right before getting off, I found this song:

“I know some things that might bring your life stress.
And you're concerned about what's coming next,
Feeling so worried 'cause your whole life's a mess.
I want to tell you, you can make it through all this.
He'll never fail you, that's what he promised us
And even when things don't seem to make sense
That's the time when you hang on now you just trust.”
(He is All by KJ-52)

I was amazed, because it was like the Lord was speaking to me though these lyrics. I was having a tough time with the idea of being so far away from family, friends and my church for a whole year. I wasn’t sure if I even wanted to be here anymore. But more than that, I didn’t want to let homesickness/fear get in the way of trusting the Lord. He directed my steps. He has me right where he wants me for his purposes.

In hearing those words, I was reminded that it may be hard, but he will be with me through it all. He is my strength. In the tough “just send me home now” moments and in the “I love this I could stay here for 5 years no problem” moments, he’s with me. He’ll provide what I need. Whether it’s deep friendships or encouragement in him. He’ll provide.

He already has. I just have to look back in my journal in the time since I got here to see that he is moving in me. He has provided me with encouragement through several friends here. My Japanese is improving. He has given me a church, which was beyond my expectations.

It doesn’t matter how I feel. “He’ll never fail you, that’s what he promised us.” I just have to hang on to the things I know when I feel unsure about what is going on around me or what I can handle and he will get me through.

So when I feel like I’m in over my head and I can’t make it for however long the Lord wants me here, “That's the time when you hang on now you just trust.” He’ll pull me through the tough times.

Links:
Hear the song

See the lyrics


And a new photo:
Temple
A temple that the Lord used to remind me how great he is. To read more, click the photo.