Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Strong in my weakness

Today I had my iTunes on shuffle and came across the song “Here’s for the Years” by Remedy Drive.

These lines came up “I was awake when you were sleeping, when you are weak I still am strong,
don’t despair child, you’d think I can hold you up when you fall, if I can hold up the stars I can answer your call”

“If I can hold up the stars I can answer your call.” Duh. Why do I choose to hold on to worry about the things in the world, when the Lord who is bigger than all the worry asks me to give it to him? “Cast all your cares on him because he cares for you.” (1 Peter 5:7). He’s asked me to put them on him because he’s so much bigger than all of them and will take care of them. Why do I hold on?

I am not sure, but I am going to aim to put the worries into His hands and focus on what he has me doing right now.