Thursday, January 27, 2011

Another song . . .

Despite not being a type of song I would normally like, the lyrics of this song have really struck home.




These being my favorite lyrics:
“In the middle of my little mess
I forget how big I'm blessed”

“But I gotta trust You know exactly what You're doing
It might not be what I would choose
But this is the stuff You use”

Among these things she lists all the “stuff.” For me, small frustrations happen all the time, I needed this reminder that I’m to trust God in these things despite what the situation looks like.

What situations? Well, a big variety.
  • A missed flight, running around the airport, and an expensive solution
  • Twisting my knee on the ski slope today
  • Frustrations with my teaching situation
  • Catching a cold
  • Hitting a deer with my car
  • etc.
All of that? Well despite it, God has still blessed me in so many bigger ways. I have to remember to fix my eyes on him in those places and he will take care of all the rest.
He always does.