Friday, February 18, 2011

God’s awesome sense of humor.

I came home and was doing the last of the random things I needed to do before having a friend over this weekend, when I knocked my water bottle all over the table . . . and my JLPT results (they’re partially coated in plastic, so they’ll be fine). So much for the dry, clean towels that I had just cleaned!

As I’m laughing about what a klutz I am, I go to the kitchen to find something for dinner. When I smell something not right. I think it’s the nama-gomi (the compost garbage) I forgot to take out last week and is now near the end of week two. When I open the cupboard and behind a few non-perishables, is a bagel I couldn’t remember eating, but couldn’t find. It’s now at least a month old and covered in bright green, smelly mold. Ick!

Then I re-tell the whole mess to a friend (you can’t be a complete klutz and not laugh at your self – who else looses a bagel?) when this song comes on.

God has a wonderful sense of humor. “In the middle of my little mess, I forget how big I’m blessed.” That sums it up pretty well.