Thursday, November 3, 2011

God is so Good

This morning, after a rough day knowing the stay/go decision is coming up, I read this in my devotions:

“They (the Israelites) even spoke against God himself, saying, ‘God can’t give us food in the wilderness. Yes he can strike a rock so water gushes out, but he can’t give his people bread and meat. When the Lord heard them he was furious . . . for they did not believe God or trust him to care for them.” (Psalm 78:20-22).

After all God had done for them – rescuing them from the Egyptians, parting the red sea and even causing water to gush from a rock – they didn’t trust him to feed them. Would God really lead them out only to kill them?

Yet, in the midst of trouble they worried. Can’t really fault them too much. I do the same.

In the midst of trouble here, I worry. I wonder how I’m going to make a decision and whether or not it will be the right one. I wonder how I’ll ever figure out moving in Japan if I leave or if I’ll explode with frustration over poor teaching techniques and short sighted teaching (teaching just for the test).

But God has done so much for me already. How can I not trust God? He’s never backed out on a promise yet.
 
2011-09-10 Town 003

How do you remember to trust God in the mist of trouble?