Wednesday, November 23, 2011

One of my favorite places in town

One of my favorite places in town is the bagel shop. I love how warm and inviting it is and I love the bagels! I claim they're the best in Hokkaido.

This is the seating area and one of the first things you see when you enter the shop.

Bagel seating area

This bulletin board shows the specials for the day and the shelves behind hold the bagels. Unfortunately, on this particular day at 11 am he was already out of most of the bagels! That just shows how good they are.

Bagel shelves

This is the area where the cash register is. He also has bagel themed postcards, which I’ll have to buy some of for my collection before I come home.

Bagel counter

The left side of the photo above, the bar-seating area. This area is fun because you get to look out the window. Nothing super exciting, but I love being able to look out the window. The other bonus for sitting here is you get to chat with the bagel guy. He always seems really kind.

Bar-style seating

This little scene sits above the shelves that hold the bagels. It’s kind of fun random things gracing the top of the shelf.

Decorations

Since he was out of bagels on this particular day, I decided to get the quiche (pumpkin-bacon) and the curry soup. A perfect brunch for a day with a cold hovering over my head.

Food

I’ll be coming back again soon!