Sunday, March 3, 2013

March Photo Challenge

A couple of months ago, I stumbled upon this website called iheartfaces. They had some cool photography ideas that as far as people photos went, were much more the kinds of photos I wanted to be taking.

Then I spotted one of their photo challenges. My camera has been largely ignored the past few months because I’ve been busy and behind on editing and not feeling any major need to get more behind.

But, I’ve been wanting to get back in the habit of taking photos on a regular basis and looking for the kinds of things I like to take photos of. When I saw a month-long photo challenge I knew I had to try it – project 365 last year lasted for a couple of months, so I know I can take a photo everyday for a month.

Here’s the project if you’re interested in joining in. I’ll probably post everyday during the week and then 3-4 on Monday after the weekend’s over.

2013-03-01 07.52.47

Unfortunately, the project started on an away weekend, so here are the first 3 days.

March 1: Me

2013-03-01 18.34.16

This shows how I spent a large portion of my day – outside in a very windy-snowy Hokkaido. Between my walks to and from the car to schools, a school’s winter festival and a 20 minute wait for the train, I got a lot of snow in my face.

March 2: Favorite

2013-03-02 19.34.39

In Niseko, we found GOOD chai. It doesn’t take much food talk with me to discover chai is a favorite of mine – and chai spiced anything comes very closely behind that.

March 3: Happy

2013-03-03 18.18.03a

There were lots of good moments today. But I have to say I was especially happy when, after a weekend of a crazy blizzard where several people died, I made it home. This is after shoveling the area in front of my garage which has nearly a meter of packed snow that isn’t going anywhere.

Stay tuned tomorrow for better pictures from my real camera, rather than my phone.