Monday, March 4, 2013

Photo Challenge Day 4

March 4: Out of Focus

2013-03-04 2013-03-04 Out of Focus 008

I’ve been using this a lot recently for a project I’m working on.

What do you think it is? (comment at the bottom!)

*  *  *  *  *

Today I had a busy, but really fun day.

It started with my last trip to one of my favorite schools for this school year. With the fifth graders we played English Mario Kart and then had a color guessing game. For the sixth grade, my JTE had the kids making posters for their school. For the first to fourth graders it was review day that I totally forgot about because I never teach them on Mondays (luckily I realized this before I left the house this am and was able to start thinking about what to do before I arrived). We did an animal review with a story book, some drawing and then finally played English Mario Kart as well.

After that, I returned to the main part of town for Eikaiwa planning and lunch with the JHS first years. They are a great bunch of kids and the more Japanese I can speak, the easier it is to keep up with lunch time conversation.

When lunch was over, I headed back out to the elementary school for a concert they were having. They had a brass band from Furano come to visit and play (they also played a bit). I always love getting to do something non-English with my kids and get to see the things they are good at – lots of them find English really, really tough.

2013-03-04 2013-03-04 Shimokin Concert 001

While I visited, I found this lovely “English” patch on one of my students’ tee shirts. That button on the left is very emotional!

2013-03-04 2013-03-04 Shimokin Concert 048