Sunday, November 17, 2013

BOE Sobetsukai

Recently, M-san left the BOE to go work at the school lunch center. The BOE had a going away party for him.
最近、Mさんの送別会へ行った。Mさんの新しい仕事は給食センター。

These are the people who came.
この写真に教育委員会の人々。

2013-11-06 BOE Sobetsukai 001

2013-11-06 BOE Sobetsukai 002

The most awkward conversation of the evening: (if you’re reading the Japanese, theirs was definitely more fluent than I’m conveying right now)
気まずい雰囲気の時は:(多分私の覚えたの日本語より皆行った事の方がペラペラ)

How long have you been here now?
今ここで何年?

Me: I just started my 5th year.
私:5年目。

She’s thinking of staying longer.
彼女はもう少し日本に住みたいらしい。

We should find her a Japanese husband!
日本人のだんなさんを探しよう!

Anyone at the BOE?
教育委員会の人?

Nope.
ない。

Anyone at the JHS?
中学校で?

How about X-sensei?
X先生?

Me: No. (In my head, do they realize that this person is about twice my age???)
私:いいえ。(考えた事はこの人は二度私の年齢だ。皆これが分かる???)

Conversation changes.
会話が変わった。

Something I didn’t understand . . . marathon (which is basically any race in Japan).
分からない事 。。。マラソン。

Me: No I didn’t get to run the marathon this year.
私:いいえ。今年できなかった。

Superintendent: X-sensei. He runs marathons.
教育委長:X先生。マラソンを走る。

Me: X-sensei????
私:X先生???

Superintendent (in English): He’s a nice guy.
教育長(英語で):He’s a nice guy.

Me: Um, you do realize he’s closer to my dad’s age than to mine, right?
私:X先生はお父さんの年齢のほうが近い。

(Note: X-sensei wasn’t present and has never expressed that kind of interest in me).
(X先生はいなかった。多分その事全然言わなかった。)